8 Things To Know Before Having Your Car Fixed
- Your car is the second largest investment you're likely to make. Preserve its value along with your safety by having it repaired professionally.
- Never drive a car that could be unsafe because of damages.
- There is no law requiring you to obtain more than one estimate or appraisal.
- You have the right to go to the repair shop of your choice. Your insurance company cannot require you to go to a particular shop.
- Differences in repair estimates are common. A lower estimate may not include all necessary work. It is not uncommon to find additional hidden damage (supplement).
- Choose a shop that has unibody repair equipment and has Certified (by I-Car or ASE) technicians.
- You have the right to have your vehicle repaired with original equipment (OE) manufacturer replacement parts.
- Ask if the shop offers a repair warranty.